Sunday 27 November 2011

Lip of the Day - Boy by Chanel

What is our obsession with Chanel? Whenever I see those intertwined C's and the black and gold packaging my heart skips a beat and I find myself subconsciously gliding towards the glistening counter. The classic beauty of everything that is Chanel captures me and for a moment I forget that 1. I do not need a new lipstick, and 2. I cannot afford a new lipstick. Five lovely minutes later I am clutching a gorgeous white bag, embossed with the sacred symbol and almost skipping out of the store. Chanel is dangerous. 




When Chanel released their new lipsticks - Rouge Coco Shine - I thought they looked amazing, I had never owned a Chanel lipstick before and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to join the 'Chanel Cult'. The one problem was they were rather expensive, in fact they were ridiculously expensive, so I refrained. However, the advertisements were everywhere, reminding me of how beautiful they were and walking past the Chanel counter took so much will power - it seemed rather sad. So I gave in. 





I was not disappointed and the guilt lessened as the days went on. Inside the fabulous packaging I found the most gorgeous, glossy lipstick. The colour I bought was Boy (54), a 'my-lips-but-better' colour, it applied beautifully and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect daytime shade which I could wear all year round - this was the justification line. Yes, Chanel is expensive and no, I did not need it but surely a Chanel hit once in a while can't be bad ...


I bought this lipstick in Boots and it cost .... £23 - if you say it faster it helps. This would be a lovely Christmas present for a very lucky someone with the dreaded Chanel bug. I have got my Chanel fix for the year and I could not recommend this lovely lipstick enough. 

Bonnie x

2 comments:

  1. Boy has been on my wish list since Chanel released these! Looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's such a pretty colour - a really good investment because you will wear it so much :) x

    ReplyDelete